Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Obsessions to Cure The Summer Blues

Sooooooo.... as noted in my previous post about Summer, I'm a bit iffy towards the entire concept.  Today I spent a lazy summer Sunday with my family and my boyfriend = translation = it was pretty darn boring.  Like, basic Stats class boring (when you're a math major who stopped hearing about "taking the mean/median/range like a decade ago).  In other words, I'm totally over this summer.

To lighten a bit of this time and to be a bit lazy in the overbearing heat that this season is, most regrettably,  well known for, I'd like to compile a list of things I've found interesting enough to be slightly obsessed about.

Facebook Games:  completely lame and hazardous for college students during the school year, these addicting, redundant flash games have kept me up more than a few nights.

New Summer TV shows: including Covert Affairs (A+ rating thus far), Rookie Blue (A-), and The Gates (B+ and a new, innovative twist on mythical creatures).

Old but Good TV shows: including The Bachelorette.  In fact I'd like to take this moment to challenge anyone that may come across this blog to slap Frank right in the money-maker if they ever meet him.  Also, Law & Order: SVU - this one started when my boyfriend introduced me to the original Law & Order a long time ago, the obsession has grown ever since.  Marathons are so bad for my health.

Games: In the beginning of the summer it was Kingdom Hearts, but after I beat the big bad boss at the end (which took freaking FOREVER), I haven't actually gotten around to finishing the whole thing.  Also, Final Fantasy.... 13?  I think?  Idk it's the one with the sex crazed chick Vanille (for real, all that girl does is make sex noises the entire time!).  Upcoming: the ability to play Mass Effect 2 once my boyfriend gets the desktop set up at the apartment, and in September CIVILIZATION V come out!!!!!!! (so excited btdubs).

I'll probably be back with more - but in the mean time, you should try some of these boredom chasing obsessions out for size :D

No comments:

Post a Comment