Pages

Friday, July 01, 2011

Time Never Stops Flying

Blogging seems to be its own vicious cycle...  It's been nearly a year since I have written anything on this blog that I've spent so much time on playing with the design.  I really have redesigned this thing so much - just as much as I've "thought" about adding a new post.  Now I figure that time's only going to keep flying by, so might as well put something out there before time's all gone and I'm too busy for piddling around with designing a blog.

So my first post last year stated that it was the summer before my senior year of college.  Currently it's the summer before my first year in graduate school.  LOTS of time flying right there.  lots.  a lot.  I mean, so much has happened in the past 12 months.  Got through my first year of living with my boyfriend - AWESOME :)  Succeeded in filling that apartment so full of furniture and random things that every time I go home and my mom wants to give me another antique apron I have to tell her that I don't have the drawer space (yup).  Graduated with distinction (according to the ceremony program, but really I was 0.011 GPA points away by the end of the semester - bummed, but still did really great!).  Graduated with a math degree from UNC-CH (part of the reason I still did really great!  Math is one of the hardest majors UNC offers...).  Also graduated with a history degree (YAY!).

Speaking of history - I loves it :)  Not the recent stuff like all the silly World Wars brought on by small, though tragic, events and the useless diplomats and aristocrats that refused to act like civilized men.  But no, the old stuff - Medieval stuff to be exact :)  It's awesome.  Not lucrative, naturally, but awesome.  The invention of the stirrup, stuff like that, just... awesome.  So awesome, in fact, that I am pursuing my Masters in European History with a Medieval Concentration.  If I'm uber-lucky?  I'll get a job :)  I'd love to be a professor.  One of my professors at UNC made a huge history impression on me and I basically want to be just like him when I grow up :)

Which I sincerely hope isn't anytime soon in a lot of ways!  I am adamantly against bills and waking up early every day and "planning for the future".  But then again, 24 seems so close (when I'll get finished with my M.A.)... I guess I can just go get a Ph.D. then :)

Anyway, it's bed time and I need some alone time from our new kitten who is getting doused with water from a spray bottle every 5 minutes in this hyper phase of kitten life...

'Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment