Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

The Beginning

I do believe I've had more fun playing with the layout of this blog than anything else!

Also, I do realize the title of this post is quite unoriginal.  But truly... it's the beginning of summer, soon to be the beginning of my senior year in college, soon to be the beginning of living in my own apartment with the love of my life, and this all began tonight with a ridiculously common vicious cycle...

The past three years of college life have instilled in me several unhealthy habits, including staying up entirely too late.  It's now past 1:30am and I can't sleep.  Not because I don't want to!  Oh no!!  But because I am so used to being up at this hour to finish papers or math homework or to talk to my dearly missed roomie that I am actually unable to sleep at this time without forcing myself.  And well, I just don't feel like doing that right now.

Insomnia -->  Entirely too much thinking.  And of course that's all "one thing leads to another" anyway.  I watched Julie & Julia tonight (which I thought was excellent) which got me thinking about blogs in general.  But then I was I making this blog I starting thinking about the color green and how I'd love to have green in my apartment next August but can't seem to find that "perfect" green anything, which got me thinking about my current room at home which is green and has been since we painted over the rainbow that used to arc over my room when I was a wee little girl, which had me thinking about names for baby girls (because I'm a girl and admit it or not we do those sorts of things), which in turn made me think about a baby I used to babysit and a recent post about that baby's new found ability to sleep through the night.... sleep.  Back to sleep.  See?  Vicious cycle.

Why vicious?  Because I still can't sleep.

But I love the lily on this blog.  I may keep it for a while.

As you may know (though, there is no "you" as of yet, not quite sure who "you" is...), I'm not very good at all at being brief.  'Tis an art I have not mastered.  So I'll end this before my use of run-on sentences and commas offends by English major boyfriend too much :)

'Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment