Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Summer itself...

...seems to be it's own vicious cycle.  I haven't obtained a "job" for the summer, and granted, haven't really been diligently searching for one.  I haven't been working out - no surprise there unfortunately.  I still haven't done all the laundry that I brought home from college - yeah I know.  I haven't been able to get my sleep system renewed and on track.

And the problem is summer itself!  See, I spent all school year waiting for the next thing: Summer.  Now that I'm here, parts of it are a bit boring - now I just am waiting for August when I get to move into my own apartment with my boyfriend and start a fresh new Senior year of college.  However... Summer is supposed to be all about freedom for a student.  So by-golly if I'll do anything that I could remotely describe as work.  Hence my downfall.

I want Summer.  I love Summer.  I love being able to see Shaun everyday and being able to read for fun and not having papers and responsibility.  Except that responsibility won't seem to let go of me.  It's like a monster, hanging on to my leg and saying, "You should do laundry.  You should do dishes.  You should get a job.  You should do something!"  And it's right.  The darn thing is absolutely right.

But it's Summer!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. Ugh - summer. I just can't wait to get back to UNC!

    - Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting dear! And yes - I am beyond excited about going back for senior year to the greatest university on earth!! lol

    ReplyDelete